The preferred method to integrate Essential.Diagnostics with your project is via the Essential.Diagnostics Configuration NuGet package
, which contains just the binaries needed to use the extensions (the same files that are in the Binaries only download).
For the example project, which runs using Visual Web Developer 2012 Express, download the Complete package. The examples project contains a reference to the NuGet package.Recent Changes:
- Feature #16: Added EmailTraceListener, BufferedEmailTraceListener, with examples and documentation.
- Add Essential.Diagnostics.Config package that inserts sample .config sections, with a dependency on the main Essential.Diagnostics. This is now the preferred way to add a reference (i.e. with the config)
- Add System.Diagnostics Configuration package with sample .config sections for Framework listeners.
- Added TraceFormatter parameters: AppDomain, Listener, MessagePrefix.
- Issue #14: Inverted condition in TraceListenerBase.TraceWriteAsEvent
- Issue #21: RollingFileTraceListener should be flushed when it's closed.
- Issue #22: Missing timezone specified "Z" in RollingXmlTraceListener
- Issue #23: HttpContext template items not working correctly